PDA

View Full Version : Where's my wrasse

karenvas2
07/11/2013, 09:10 AM
This past weekend, I added two fish to my 55 gallon tank. A gold-headed sleeper goby and a red headed Solon fairy wrasses. Both went into hiding, but te goby has resurfaced. At least I know it's there because sand covers my corals everyday. Lol. The wrasse on te other hand has not been seen. Should I just wait it out or should I try something to coax it out? I have fed the tank several times since then. I will try shrimp with garlic today. Any advice?

jimmysix
07/11/2013, 09:27 AM
i added 2 yellow wrasse sunday and only one has come out so far i was told to leave it alone and do not disturb it, maybe even look up from under the tank to see if you can see it and i was also told to try the garlic to

evolved
07/11/2013, 09:47 AM
This past weekend, I added two fish to my 55 gallon tank. A gold-headed sleeper goby and a red headed Solon fairy wrasses. Both went into hiding, but te goby has resurfaced. At least I know it's there because sand covers my corals everyday. Lol. The wrasse on te other hand has not been seen. Should I just wait it out or should I try something to coax it out? I have fed the tank several times since then. I will try shrimp with garlic today. Any advice?
What other fish are in your tank, and is the tank completely covered?

i added 2 yellow wrasse sunday and only one has come out so far i was told to leave it alone and do not disturb it, maybe even look up from under the tank to see if you can see it and i was also told to try the garlic to
Different genus, different behavior. Cirrhilabrus do NOT bury in the sand.

jimmysix
07/11/2013, 10:55 AM
ok well i watched the 2 yellow ones go under i didnt know about the Cirrhilabrus thank you for the info though

Rea17
07/11/2013, 11:03 AM
Check behind/under the tank and check the overflow