PDA

View Full Version : New issue

quan325i
07/14/2013, 11:11 AM
Hi Kevin,

I hope you can help me with the two issues I'm having with the renew system:

1. The weekly renew stop after 1 week. I set my to renew 15 gal per week but it stops after the first week.

2. Yesterday, I tried to do a water change by doing 25gal continuously but the reservoir for clean mixed water overflow and spill out on top. This has been my worry all these time, especially for the waste measuring reservoir as the valve might get stuck due to debris over time.

Please advice. Thanks.

QN

GenesisReefSys
07/14/2013, 11:39 AM
Hi Quan,

I think these two things are probably pretty simple to resolve.

1. The RENEW™ needs to be set to "Weekly Repeat" mode by pressing and releasing the Mode Button until the WEEK indicator is illuminated. Then press and hold for 3-5 seconds until the indicator starts flashing rapidly. When you release the button the indicator will then quickly flash every five seconds to let you know that it is in repeat mode.

2. I think all you need to do is slow the flow rate on your waste pump output just a bit by either using the flow control valves we supply or the flow adjuster on the pump (if it has one). Slowing the flow rate down will keep the Metering Reservoir from filling so quickly that it overflows before the RENEW™ turns the pump off. Also quickly check to ensure that the float on the top level sensor in the Replacement Water Metering Reservoir can slide freely along the stem of the sensor.

The pump's intake screen should do a pretty good job keeping any large debris that could jam up a valve out of the Metering Reservoir, but enough sand or grit could possibly keep the float from moving. Slowing down the flow rate should help prevent this too.

Please feel free to email me directly if you wish! Let me know how these solutions work for you.

Kevin

quan325i
07/15/2013, 06:45 PM
Hi Kevin,

As always, thanks for the excellent customer service. I follow your recommendation for the #1 issue and will continue to monitor the system and update the status. For #2, I double check the reservoir but everything seems clean so i'm puzzled now. Thanks.

QN

GenesisReefSys
07/16/2013, 05:47 AM
Good morning Quan,

Also be sure that the Metering Reservoir cables are firmly plugged into the back of the Control Module. If it is not, the signal to turn the pump off may not be making its way to the Control Module, or may be making it only intermittently.

Together we'll figure it out and make sure that it works perfectly!

quan325i
07/17/2013, 06:06 PM
So I have a little update on #2 where the fresh water reservoir overflows. I carefully monitored the pumps from both side (new and old water) and noticed that the pump for the old water is much slower to fill reservoir due to the The dirty water reservoir is not getting filled up or at least not quick enough within the time frame due to the detrius in the sump. Once I cleaned up the pump, everything seems functional.

QN

GenesisReefSys
07/17/2013, 07:25 PM
Hey QN,

That's great to hear. Thanks for the update!

Kevin

quan325i
07/23/2013, 11:15 AM
Update on the issues. Both have been fixed and working properly. Thanks for all the support.