PDA

View Full Version : 90 Gallon Up-date, Question

Thunder32
07/14/2013, 04:17 PM
Greeting's All:

Someone out there might remember I recently had my 90 gallon mixed reef come down with ick, after a surprise purchase of a fish by my spouse and dumped directly into my display tank. After about a month and a half now, I wanted to give everyone an up-date. I have caught and moved all of my fish except one to my quarantine tank. I still for the life of me am unable to catch a speckled hawkfish. Not sure what I'm going to do about that, I've tryed everything, and when I say that - I mean everythinggggg!!!!!! Which brings me to my question. Do I need to have fish in my tank. I know at first this sounds like a simple yes, or no answer. But after thinking about it, it raises some concerns for me. All the fish I had in my tank were there to do a job. They worked for me and the tank. My tangs and fox face for algae control. Same for the blennies. All in all I had I only had maybe seven fish. The only one in there for the love of it was my hawkfish. I have a large clean-up crew, probably even a bit over kill. My main goal for this tank, and still is are the corals. Mostly SPS, LPS, and softies. It never was to have fish (been there, done that, and still love the fish part). But corals were my goal. What do you all think?

Twistofer
07/14/2013, 04:24 PM
A strictly invert tank sounds cool.

nlgill13
07/14/2013, 04:26 PM
Wait, what was the question?

Are you asking if the hawkfish can stay in the tank?

Thunder32
07/14/2013, 05:04 PM
My question, and I know it sounds silly is - "Do I have to have fish in my reef tank". Hah - try googling that, and you won't find an answer! Are fish a vital component to a reef tank? Either for the actual health of the tank, possibly any biological function (mind you this tank is or was fully stocked and established), I'm unaware of. Is there something I'm missing that requires me to have fish for the health of the tank for it to be successful? I'm worried that algae will become an issue with my tangs and blennies removed. So I guess I'm worried about the tank not having actual livestock. Should I be?