PDA

View Full Version : Help Please!!!

wnehez
07/16/2013, 12:43 PM
Something is going on with my "Donut coral"(I say it that way cuz I am not positive if thats what it is.) Over the past couple days he has been putting out this white stuff from his mouth. He is usually huge and beautiful and takes up the entire middle section of my tank. I switched from VHO's to 2 MH and an LED. I have the LED over him and it is about 15" off the water and have it running at 25% whites and 40% blues to match the 15K of the MH. I started out at only a 5 hour light period for a week and have bumped it up an hour each week to equal a total of 7 hours right now. He has not been looking good only for the past maybe week. See the picture to se the white stuff. Please help with any ideas of what is going on with him. I dont want to lose him. He is an amazing addition.

Params:
PH-8.0-8.2
Am-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-20
Calc-480
Alk-8-9dkh
Phos-0
Salinity - 1.024

Is it not enough light? I havent upped the percentages just the time. Is it too much light? I am lost...

wnehez
07/16/2013, 02:32 PM
Hmm no one?? It cant be confirmed to be zooxanthellae? Or it just pooping? No one has experience with these?

Deberber
07/16/2013, 02:41 PM
Is it the string like stuff?

wnehez
07/16/2013, 02:56 PM
Its like white mucous stuff that is kind of stringy. Ill try and get a closer pic tonight. Jus has me worried.