PDA

View Full Version : quinine sulfate advice

slow mo
07/17/2013, 04:00 AM
hi guys

first time posting here :D

anyway let me start,so after a power outage for almost a full day i see my powder blue tang,yellow tang,regal angel and queen angel have tiny white spots on them

i am faced with a few problems,i cannot medicate my display tank as i have coral and live rock
quarantine tank is out as it got bumped over while moving some furniture around:angryfire: [was empty at the time]:hmm5:

my only option is to feed the fish with some medicated food,i did some research and got my hands on some quinine sulfate tabs 300mg per tab
i know some guys dose this to the water but thats not an option for me

i just wanted to find out,is there any risk of overdosing this product in the feed and if any guys here have experience with quinine sulfate if so i would really appreciate if you shed some light

im also running ozone via a reef octopus reactor at 100mg,tank size is 400 gallons

thanks in advance guys

danil
07/17/2013, 10:10 AM
I think you have to mix it in a gel form. Plus CP (chloroquine phosphate) is more gentle on fish then CS and more stable (UV light etc). I also recommend you to post it in Fish Disease or advance forum since this practice is not common.

slow mo
07/17/2013, 10:16 AM
thanks i have posted in the fish disease forum