PDA

View Full Version : High TDS out of RODI unit

privitor
07/20/2013, 08:25 PM
so i been searching and the only real answer to this question is it is hooked up wrong....

I am servicing my moms 300g and i noticed the TDS is really high. Tap water is reading 42ppm but the rodi out water is reading 55ppm. Is this even possible?

The systen was professionally installed and is only about a year old. Its a 6 stage system btw.

I checked water and all was good but im still worried about the TDS readings. Alot of her fish have been...well comming up missing and im worries this has something to do with it. again all other levels are good when tested today.

And yes it is hooked up right!

Is this possible and How can i fix this?

kellerexpress
07/20/2013, 08:31 PM
When was the last time the filters/membrane were changed?

privitor
07/20/2013, 08:33 PM
dont think they were ever change since thay were install about a year ago.

I know they say change every year but how do i know if they need to be changed? Can that cause the water to be dirtier coming out???

Misled
07/20/2013, 08:35 PM
Most likely the DI is toast and needs replaced. Check the TDS between the RO membrane and the DI canister.

You shouls also replace the carbon and sediment filters every 6 months.

privitor
07/20/2013, 08:38 PM
yea i have no idea how to do that lol im worried if i pull the probe out, water will shoot everwhere lol

Guess im gonna have to ask professor google...

Misled
07/20/2013, 08:46 PM
If you look at the inlet of the DI unit, you'll see a fitting. If it's not screw on it's a guest fitting. If it's screw, just unscrew it. If it's guest, there's an inner plastic piece that when pushed in allows the hose to be pulled out. The water will be under a little pressure but will come out the same speed as it does at the end of the entire system, which shouldn't "shoot everywhere."