PDA

View Full Version : is my anemone dead????

nemosreef
07/21/2013, 09:20 PM
I have an amemone that split more than 3 weeks ago the smaller one heal back a week later but the mother anemone still hasn't heal. Since the split the mother anemone inflates and deflates constantly and is still rip from the center...I went to my lfs a few days ago and all they told me was to let it be but today it hasn't inflate itself and it moved places like a week ago....I need help I don't know if I should just remove it from the tank or let it be

Joker79
07/21/2013, 10:05 PM
Is it still attached? If so, maybe move it to a lower flow area and give it a chance to recover? If you are able to pick it up then smell it. If it smells rotten pitch it before it crashes your tank.

Joker79
07/21/2013, 10:06 PM
How old is the tank that its in?

nemosreef
07/21/2013, 10:21 PM
Parts of the leg are still attach...is just hanging at the bottom of the tank..the tank is about 3 months old. And the anemone has been in it for about a 5 weeks. After doing some research I realize that it was too early and that the guy at the lfs just tried to make money.

greg1786
07/21/2013, 11:16 PM
If your tank params are really stable and exactly where they should be, your lights are sufficient, and you maintain very good husbandry, your nem may have a chance to heal up. If the rock its attached to is small enough, put it in a clear plastic tupperware container inside the tank in an area of very low flow and low light but not out of light. Make sure your clowns are not bothering it by hosting in it. If they are you may want to put them in your sump till it heals. Keep a close eye on it and maybe try to give it a few mysis shrimp to see if its healthy enough to accept food. If it eats, try feeding it once a week for a while to help it heal up. Only give it very small portions of food so it doesnt expend a ton of energy trying to digest alot of food. Can you post a picture of it?? That would help a ton. Also, is the foot intact still? How about the mouth, closed or open? Good luck

nemosreef
07/22/2013, 07:24 AM
This is how it looked last night.this morming I decided to remove it because it looked worse. The parameters were ok other than the nitrates which were at like 10. When I removed it was really slimmy but I didn't smell bad like it would if it was dead. Now lets hope the baby anemone survives

tatuaje08
07/23/2013, 06:28 PM
Hard to tell by the photo, but it looks like its dying. You'll notice once it starts melting - it will stink and the Louth will stay open.

GoTRiCe19
07/23/2013, 11:07 PM
Yeah its almost dead no point to try to save it. Probably would have survive if the clowns did bother it after the split. I think your clowns did it in.

Mikie_P
07/25/2013, 03:35 AM
id say its on its way out I had a GBTA that looked like that, is it spewing out any slime? id move to a QT if you have one

Mikie_P
07/25/2013, 03:36 AM
oh just red the post above its already dead....shame

worm5406
07/25/2013, 07:42 AM
I assume with the lack of updates it has already passed and you removed it from the tank.

Sorry.

nemosreef
07/25/2013, 11:33 PM
Me and my husband both are gone for work for more than 12 hours everyday and on monday morning before I left to work it didn't look to good it look like it was slowing disintegrating from its open mouth so I decided to remove before it died since no one was gonna be able to monitor it for 12 hrs I was afraid it would just died and poising all of my tank...when I took it out it was kinda slimmy but it still didn't smell bad... thanks anyways I should tried to save it right when I saw that it wasn't healing....now should I remove the baby anemone from the tank until is bigger since now the 2 clownfish are hosting it and they might hurt it

GoTRiCe19
07/26/2013, 03:36 AM
You should leave the anemone alone. It is healing. Either remove the clowns, or put the clowns into a breeders net for now. I would do it asap.

Joker79
08/30/2013, 06:43 PM
Update???

tatuaje08
09/02/2013, 12:12 AM
Update???

Read 2 posts up.

Joker79
09/02/2013, 08:46 AM
Read 2 posts up.

Well did you remove the baby????