PDA

View Full Version : Feeding a boxfish in QT

gsiegel
07/25/2013, 11:15 AM
I currently have a tiny boxfish in QT as well as a flagfin angel. No issues whatsoever between them.

The boxfish is EXTREMELY friendly, follows my hand back and forth, and lets me pet it - he is like a puppy. Name is Rubik (yes he is a cube). Anyway I digress. I have had him for a few days and he ate at the LFS but has not really eaten in my tank.

I have tried pellets, muscle, mysis. He shows some interest and has picked, but that's about it. Since he stays at the top I have put food in a small tuperware container which he even swims into while I am holding it in the water, but still little interest. I left this am and put a few pellets in the tupperware and attached it to the upper part of the tank with a magnet clip to allow his to swim into it at the top (not sure if that worked as I am at work).

Any other thoughts or suggestions? I do have an air stone for added water flow in the tank which does not seem to bother him (swims right up to and through it) - turn that off?

TIA:beer:

Reefmedic79
07/25/2013, 05:59 PM
If he is at least picking at it, that is a good sign. Be persistent and things should get better.