PDA

View Full Version : Structural supports on Marineland stands?

Harry Muscle
07/25/2013, 08:33 PM
I'm looking into possibly getting a Marineland stand, however, I've read a few reports that the stands don't actually support the rim of the tank all the way around, but only partially (ie: full left and right rim support and a foot or so in the middle front, not sure about the back). Is this correct? Could someone confirm or deny this for me?

Specifically I'm interested in the stand for the 75G tank (ie: 48" by 18") and either the Majesty, Monterey, or Newport (really like the Newport look).

Any details you can share are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Harry

coverdog
07/26/2013, 06:29 AM
I can't confirm anything about their stands, but that is all the support you need for a GLASS tank.

Pastey
07/26/2013, 06:35 AM
My Monterrey stand is completely flat on the top (where the tank goes). The only spots that don't directly support the tanks are on the very bank corners where the overflows are. That is for a DD tank so I'm not sure if they offer those stands for other tanks with different construction.

Mitratus
07/26/2013, 11:49 AM
I have the 48" x 18" Monterey stand and it supports the sides completely but only about a foot or so of the front and back is supported.

From the top it appears like so:

_a__________b_________c_
l...l.............l...l.............l...l
l__l________l__l________l__l

Where a, b, and c are supports (ignore the periods).