PDA

View Full Version : Question about 90 gallon Aqueon tank

jimmytacos
07/26/2013, 05:12 PM
I have a 90 gallon Aqueon tank, model number 12306. I am having a custom canopy built and I was wanting to know how much weight the tank can support. The canopy my neighbor (cabinet maker) is going to build was going to go to the ceiling. I only have 8 foot ceilings but he asked if the tank would support it. Since this is my build I am trying to find the information but have turned up nothing on google yet. Thank in advance for any input.

Mattiejay6
07/26/2013, 06:15 PM
I would suggest calling the manufacturer.. That way you know for certain your getting the right info...

jimmytacos
07/29/2013, 12:55 PM
I would suggest calling the manufacturer.. That way you know for certain your getting the right info...

This is pretty much what I was going to do but I wanted to see if someone knew the answer while they were closed. I just told my cabinet maker we would have to hold off until Monday before I found the answer.

When I did call Aqueon today it took a while to get an answer because no one knew it. When they finally did give me one the answer was there is no weight limit that you could stand on it and it would hold you. Is that the answer I am looking for from the manufacturer, NO. It seems though for what I am going to do it should work. If anyone ever needs to know weight rating on a canopy the correct answer is "you can stand on it." :headwallblue:

rockslide123
08/02/2013, 12:51 PM
I used to have a canopy on that tank that was...I'm guessing 60 lbs. I had no issue with that one