PDA

View Full Version : Bleached live rock?


HUNTER1
07/29/2013, 03:06 PM
These rocks are bleached for two days and laid in the hot sun for two weeks and soaked with prime in freshwater. I did this because they were infested with aiptasia. Now I got them in the tank with sand but no water yet. As you see top rock is very white but the bottom still has that rusty color even after bleach and scubbed, is this rock look ok? thanks http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/rockerchickjusk8/null_zps4ea112ad.jpg

NJAB
07/29/2013, 04:15 PM
I don't think anything survived that bleaching so as far as being worried about the aiptasia you should be good to go I bought some fiji live rock from eBay, from a previous owner and it was covered in aiptasia and what i did was put it in boiling water for about an hour then let it sit in freshwater for about 12 hrs. I cured it for about a week and then placed it with the other Caribbean live rock i had curing in my tank, haven't seen any yet day or night.

foreveralone
07/29/2013, 04:24 PM
You are good to go. After bleach and acid dip my rocks looked the same way.

HUNTER1
07/29/2013, 04:42 PM
Sounds good, it's time to get some water in.