PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question!

Laker dayz
08/02/2013, 05:56 PM
Hello all...first post.
I just acquired a JBJ 28gallon Nano. Its been set up a week. Sand and live rock. I don't have any life (fish coral etc) in it yet. I have 2 questions. I just noticed today, that one of the return pumps (the one one the left side standing in front the tank) will cycle on and off. Approximately 5 minutes on 2 minutes off. There is no timer attached. The other return pumps runs constantly. Any ideas?
Also I am unsure what is the best media for the filter. Plan a few small fish, maybe a shrimp and a beginner coral or two. What is recommended? I also have a Remora skimmer but it is not attached as I am unsure which/how what chamber it goes into.

Thanks for any and all advice...I look forward to it!

jayk198030
08/02/2013, 08:55 PM
Damsels are great starter fish. The pump may be bad. It may work and heat up then stop... Cool down and start back up.

thegrun
08/02/2013, 09:04 PM
Is the pump plugged into the wave maker unit that come stock with the JBJ tank? It cycles between the two pumps turning them on and off.

Laker dayz
08/02/2013, 09:54 PM
Thank you both for your responses.

A damsel or two may be in my future....

The pump isn't plugged into anything else.. Just into the surge protector. Is the pump on the way out?

Thanks again