PDA

View Full Version : Golden Anglefish

Snookslayer85
08/02/2013, 07:29 PM
Havent seen one of these before. Anyone have any experience?

Not a bad price for a rare dwarf angel.

Thinking about adding it to the FOWLR.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+3&ddid=197224

humaguy
08/02/2013, 11:23 PM
can be sensitive and shy but once you get them eating you are golden!

SDguy
08/02/2013, 11:40 PM
can be sensitive and shy but once you get them eating you are golden!

But they'll remain shy.

humaguy
08/03/2013, 08:55 AM
But they'll remain shy.

ime, I have found them to be similar to venustus...either out and about or rarely ever seen...hit or miss...

SDguy
08/03/2013, 12:01 PM
ime, I have found them to be similar to venustus...either out and about or rarely ever seen...hit or miss...

IME they are always shy.... threads on RC have been the same. I suppose tankmates play a role, but YMMV.

Do a search in the Reef Fish forum.

Snookslayer85
08/03/2013, 01:17 PM
Thanks guys. Im passing on him for now. Holding out for a nice majestic or Blue face instead.

Toddrtrex
08/04/2013, 10:06 AM
Had one for a bit a couple of years ago (( got into a scuffle with my mated pair of pink skunk clowns -- chased them back to their S. haddoni........ expensive meal for the anemone )), and it was the shiest dwarf angel that I have ever kept. Never actually saw it eat prepared foods in the 5 months that I had it -- but it was eating something, since it was putting on weight. One thing I know that it did like to eat was fleshy LPS....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_-Ma1xsjMTY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

humaguy
08/04/2013, 12:01 PM
Had one for a bit a couple of years ago (( got into a scuffle with my mated pair of pink skunk clowns -- chased them back to their S. haddoni........ expensive meal for the anemone )), and it was the shiest dwarf angel that I have ever kept. Never actually saw it eat prepared foods in the 5 months that I had it -- but it was eating something, since it was putting on weight. One thing I know that it did like to eat was fleshy LPS....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_-Ma1xsjMTY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I experienced similar results...I had one that was visible as yours in your clip...had another that I never, ever saw until I drained the tank...like my current pair of venustus one is always out and is a great fish but I have only seen flashes of my other venustus maybe 2 times over the past half a year...

Snookslayer85
08/04/2013, 03:15 PM
Definitely passing on this. I like to see the things I spend more then $100 on. :)

Think I might go back to my good ol rusty angel pair. Had then for over a year before my velvet took them out. Good price and they swim through the entire tank. In and out of all the live rock.

tcmfish
08/05/2013, 10:20 PM
I've been keeping one for more than two years now. I had it in a 58 gallon tank with docile tankmates, a pair of cave basslets, and a damsel. I saw it a ton then. Then it spent a while in my ten gallon QT because he liked to nip corals. Now he is in a much larger anemone tank, and you never see him. I only see him when I feed the tank, but there are lots of big overhangs and ledges and large caves in the rocks. So I think in a smaller tank with peaceful fish it would be quite visible, but will hug the rocks. In a larger tank it might get lost.