PDA

View Full Version : 6105 Clicking Noise

seagull18
08/05/2013, 10:06 AM
I have (2) 6105's running off an Apex controller that are about 3 yrs old. They run alternately 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off. One of the pumps has developed a loud clicking noise whe it starts up. After reading other post is it possible that the attenuation disc is worn which is causing the clicking sound? If so, can it be replaced? Are there any other issues that could cause this problem?

rvitko
08/05/2013, 10:29 AM
It may not have the anti attenuation disk as these entered production of the controllable pumps in August 2010. If the propellers are blue, I would probably just get the 3005.740 anti attenuation disks, if they are black, the drive units would be much older, 3.5-4 years old and I would get complete 6105.700 drive units. The drive units being dirty, worn or lacking the disks will all cause more noise.

seagull18
08/05/2013, 11:02 AM
It may not have the anti attenuation disk as these entered production of the controllable pumps in August 2010. If the propellers are blue, I would probably just get the 3005.740 anti attenuation disks, if they are black, the drive units would be much older, 3.5-4 years old and I would get complete 6105.700 drive units. The drive units being dirty, worn or lacking the disks will all cause more noise.

Thanks for the info

SPS Tamer
08/21/2013, 05:13 PM
Hi Roger,

I just soaked and cleaned one of my 6105 (this unit is about 1.5yr old) in vinegar bath. When I placed it back to the tank, it started making the clicking noise (I'm using a 7092 wavecontroller). I was wondering if I need to replaced the Bushing and attenuation disk? Also what's the best way to pull out the Bushing and attenuation disk without damaging it?

Thanks, SAM

rvitko
08/22/2013, 08:37 AM
It could be if it is worn in some way, I have seen the plastic disk fuse to the drive unit due to calcium and then burn its way through the silicon cup due to friction. I would inspect it for any damage and be sure it is properly installed and give it a couple weeks before doing anything further.

When installed properly, the black disk sits inside the blue silicon cup and the slotted face of the black disk faces the base of the propeller magnet.

You will generally want a pick tool to remove the disk, something like our part 0220.707.

SPS Tamer
08/24/2013, 12:56 PM
It could be if it is worn in some way, I have seen the plastic disk fuse to the drive unit due to calcium and then burn its way through the silicon cup due to friction. I would inspect it for any damage and be sure it is properly installed and give it a couple weeks before doing anything further.

When installed properly, the black disk sits inside the blue silicon cup and the slotted face of the black disk faces the base of the propeller magnet.

You will generally want a pick tool to remove the disk, something like our part 0220.707.

Thanks Roger, I will go buy the replacement parts and the picking tool.