PDA

View Full Version : DI Bypass Help

JustinBT
08/05/2013, 12:02 PM
Hi, I'm attempting to set up my RODI unit. I purchased a DI bypass kit from AWI and I have a few questions about it. This is different than a flush kit right? If so I'll need to get that as well. I'm wondering how I install this on my unit, I can post pictures if need be. Sorry if this has been answered previously, I'm getting rather frustrated looking for answers and figured it might be easier to ask. TYIA
Justin

E Rosewater
08/05/2013, 06:48 PM
Flush kit is different.

Flush kit bypasses the restrictor to increase flow across the membrane to help keep it clean.

The DI Bypass is to be installed between the membrane and the DI. This allows drinking water to be installed OR to run the first couple minutes of RO water to waste as the first few minutes of water is the dirtiest (highest TDS due to "TDS creep"). This will keep the DI resin from becoming exhausted too quickly. This can be a pretty big savings if your source water is really dirty.

Adam13
08/10/2013, 03:04 AM
Here is a diagram/ scematic of how and where to put the di bypass, ro only, and fast flush systems.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59844524/Extreme%20Typhoon%20III%20Illustration.pdf

It does matter that you orient the asov correctly. The input from the filters goes on the side of the asov with no screws and straight across to out, then the in from the membrane goes on the side of the asov with the screws then straight across to the out.

JustinBT
08/11/2013, 01:47 PM
Awesome, thanks so much both of you. Can the bypass be used without the ASOV? I have the valve, but so far I just have the unit hooked up to my garden hose when I need water.

crozier7272
08/19/2013, 02:36 PM
Justin, The unit is not advised to be used without an ASOV.

ASOV- Auto Shut off Valve. Push in connections. These are pressure sensitive devices. A piston moves in relation to water pressure. When there is a lot of pressure on the pure water side of your system the piston moves to close off the water supply to the system. When you start using system, water pressure is relieved and the piston moves to allow tap water to enter the system. You can use this valve with a float valve in a storage tank and have totally automatic tank filling and shut down system. If you have a home RO with a pressure tank, you do not need a float for the system to be automatic. Replaces existing ASOV in most systems and can be added to older systems that do not automatically shut down.