PDA

View Full Version : Foxface is brown on top

FishDaAx
08/05/2013, 07:05 PM
I have had my foxface for only about 9 or 10 days. And he still has a brown tint on the top half of his body where he should be solid yellow. Now I know that this is a sign that he could be stressed but I can't figure out from what and I want to make sure it's nothing serious. My tank prams are all in order, the tank is 115g, and eats algae sheets like a champ and also flake food and brine shrimp. (Oh and there is no signs of any aggression from him or any other tankmates towards him.) I am wondering if he is that color because he wants to be or I am doing something wrong.

NTP66
08/06/2013, 06:56 AM
My One Spot was like that for the first few weeks that I had him, and now the only time I see him not yellow is when he's in camo mode while he sleeps. Based on what I've read and seen in my own Foxface, I think this is pretty typical/normal - especially if he's eating well.

Hudds
08/06/2013, 07:33 AM
my one spot foxface tophalf is greyish most of the time, for the last 9 months he is in the tank.
maybe it goes away as they grow older? it was bought XS

jfeva0049
02/05/2014, 02:42 PM
my one spot foxface tophalf is greyish most of the time, for the last 9 months he is in the tank.
maybe it goes away as they grow older? it was bought XS

mine is the same way, top hlf of body is almost always gray/black.

anyone else's like this???

is this normal? could it be that is just his color combo or is it a sign of something else? thanks.

MellowReefer
02/05/2014, 04:52 PM
Mine was like that for a few months but now he's bright yellow most of the time unless he's hiding. Just give it time.

jfeva0049
02/05/2014, 05:02 PM
thanks for the info

robotman
02/06/2014, 02:13 AM
same my foxface was camo mode for the first few months, now hes bright yellow unless I get close and feed