PDA

View Full Version : Will Renew / Storm work for my setup?

ArmanS
08/06/2013, 01:21 AM
I'm interested in getting your pro package and do daily water changes of about 4 gallons a day. I have a Red sea s 650 which has it's own ATO but it is only gravity fed with a float valve so I assume that will not work and I am planning on getting the complete package, storm pro and renew pro. My tank's sump is about 20' away from my RO/DI setup and about 25' away from the drain for the RO/DI.

I want to put the Renew and Storm system next to my Ro/di setup which is about 20-25 feet away from my sump. Would this be possible?

Thanks,
Arman

GenesisReefSys
08/06/2013, 07:00 AM
Good morning ArmanS,

The STORM™ can certainly work with your Red Sea S650 and the RENEW™, and it actually adds a level of safety with regard to your RS650's top off system. It's actually very easy (about 60 seconds worth of work) to slightly modify your 650 for compatibility with the RENEW™. Plus, the change is completely reversible.

Instead of using a pump with your STORM™ you'll use an extra ROCv™ to keep the water from your 650's top off reservoir from flowing into your sump when the RENEW™ removes water for the water change. To do this you'll insert the ROCv™ into the line between your 650's top off reservoir and the 650's float valve (just cut the line and insert the ROCv™ since it uses the standard .250" OD tubing push-to-connect fittings that your 650 uses). Then place the STORM™ in S3 Operating Mode. Once you've installed your STORM™ system's Level Sensors you'll be finished.

Whenever the RENEW™ removes water for a water change, the STORM™ will make sure that no water can flow from your 650's top off reservoir to the sump. Then, when the RENEW™ completes its cycle the STORM™ will be free to open the ROCv™ as needed and allow the water to flow into your sump until it is topped off. The 650's float valve will now be used only as a backup to prevent water from flowing into the sump when it reaches a higher than normal water level.

Since you'll be able to use your 650's built in top off reservoir there won't be any reason to have a separate top off bin unless you want to. I assume your mixing bin will still be 20' away, and that shouldn't pose too much of a problem unless you need to jump a doorway or something. If you do have a doorway between your 650 and your mixing bin then we'll need to get into the details for the RENEW™ install, but if not it will be a pretty straightforward installation.

Hope this helps - let me know if you have more questions.

Kevin

ArmanS
08/06/2013, 06:06 PM
Just ordered my system, gotta say top notch customer service from Kevin, honestly if he didn't help me so much with my order I don't think I would have ordered so thank you Kevin! I can't wait for my system to come!

GenesisReefSys
08/06/2013, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the kind words, ArmanS! It's been a pleasure dealing with you and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Kevin

ArmanS
08/15/2013, 01:18 AM
Got my Renew Pro and Storm Pro in the mail, I only had a few minutes today but opened them up and man, the control modules are top notch quality. The packing, and everything in general is honestly some of the best quality that I've received for anything that I bought for my reef tank! I can't wait to set it all up!

Kevin, please let me know asap when those harnesses are in stock!

Thanks!
Arman

GenesisReefSys
08/15/2013, 06:56 AM
Hi ArmanS,

Thanks for the feedback!

I'll be sure to let you know as soon as the new extension harnesses are in.

Please let me know if you need anything else in the meantime.

Kevin

Mattiejay6
08/15/2013, 08:21 AM
Question..

With the Renew and Storm what's the max distance/head height I can place it from my system?

My ATO reservoir and mixing station is about 10 feet away from my sump in a utility room. Can I install the units in there and run the long hoses to my sump? I'd like to hang the reservoirs on the wall probably 8 feet up.

GenesisReefSys
08/15/2013, 08:46 AM
Hi Mattiejay6,

Most likely you will be able to do this with no problem. There are a few things, such as pipe/tubing routing that will need to be considered before I can say that it is definitely not a problem. That's most easily done via email where we can copy pics and diagrams if necessary. Please email me directly through our webpage at www.GenesisReefSystems.com/Contact/

I look forward to helping you.

ArmanS
08/15/2013, 10:56 PM
Mattie, email Kevin and he will help you out! Great CS!

If you need any pics of the system let me know! I can't believe how good everything feels and the quality is top notch!

Mattiejay6
08/18/2013, 01:22 PM
:-) thanks I will email him :-)