PDA

View Full Version : Snowflakes and BTA

greg1786
08/09/2013, 02:47 AM
Hey guys. I was looking for some experienced folks with keeping snowflake clowns with BTA. Ive had a pair of cinnamons for a long time and they hosted every bta I've offered within minutes. I assume its because its their natural host. They've grown far too aggressive for my liking and actually have injured one of my nems. I recently pulled them from the DT to the sump. I purchased a new pair of snowflake clowns monday which are beautiful! They are much more docile and even allow me to hand feed them. Much different from the devilish cinnamons! Any who, I have a 7" GBTA and a 3.5" RBTA in the DT. The snowflakes are in QT for another 6-8 weeks, but I wanted to get some insight. Anyone have a pair of snowflakes being hosted by a bubble tip. I know its not their natural host but I really would like to keep my bta and am not too keen on adding another nem as I have ALOT of coral , mainly sps, so I dont wanna overcrowd the coral with too many nems. How easily or vice versa have the bta hosted your snowflakes? Any info is appreciated and Id love some pics! Ill get a pic of the new clowns and post it soon. Thanks all

bills tank
08/09/2013, 04:43 AM
Useally they will host btas with no problems ive had many pairs of occialaris (sorry sure I spelled that wrong) from black and whites platinum s and snowflakes in my different reef tanks over the years and have never had a problem with them hosting bubble tip nems urs will probably go right in if not they will in time . Im sure others will tell u this as well . Good luck and lets see a pic of the new beauties.

Tbred
08/09/2013, 07:06 AM
My snowflakes are hosting my frogspawn right now. I have not gotten a BTA yet. It is on my list of future purchases though. It took my snowflakes a couple months to warm up to the frogspawn. On a side note my female snowflake is mean. She bit me the other day when I was rearranging the tank.

ag09g
08/09/2013, 11:41 AM
My bta hosted my snowflakes eventually, though it took a few months for them to figure out what it was!

seamonkey84
08/10/2013, 12:42 PM
All my ocellaris clowns hoste in bta, took some a few weeks but all have found the nems