PDA

View Full Version : I want to buy Maxima clams

Pinballfish
08/10/2013, 12:26 PM
Ill get to my point. I want to buy clams but Im sick of the crap that is out there.
when you do a search you see a few online stores with a few clams and very few of them are anything special. Im looking for the prime specimens. Does anyone know of a site that sells or individual that sells the nice stuff or has more than a few in stock. If I could find someone who would sell to me at wholesale prices I would buy them in bulk and sell the ones I didn't want on epay but its hard to do that now days without the proper documents showing you have a store. What Im mainly looking for is the teardrops, the pink maxima, tigerstripes and just the jump out and grab you color combos. Any info would be appreciated and if any individual wants to sell send me a pic.

James Lewis zr11990 at sbcglobal dot net

SUPERSTOCKRACER
08/11/2013, 05:54 PM
what size are you looking for?

Pinballfish
08/11/2013, 08:22 PM
If it is a teardrop, tigerstripe, pink or some other amazing color IDC. If I were to buy and resell I would prefer the small ones. I have found that it is hard to buy cheap enough to resell on epay anymore unless you can buy wholesale. The small ones are hard to get to live usually but I have 4 1 1/2 inch clams living in my tank under 8 T5s and they are happy as...... clams.

I had a friend buy 4 for me Saturday from a wholesaler in Florida Im curious as to what they will look like.

anthony27
08/16/2013, 08:18 PM
I would def stat off with a corcia and then work up they are easy to care for and some of them have amazing colors.

Keep us informed with your decision. Also I would go with forster n smith they have great clams on the site.

guamboy
08/20/2013, 08:01 AM
I don't have enough posts to send you a PM, please email me at mcamacho@cox.net. I recently purchase a Tahitian Maxima from a LFS in San Diego and very please.

Fish Biscuit
08/21/2013, 03:43 PM
I think it depends on what you want to spend. I have seen Tahitian maximas on DD that are beautiful but you're going to shell out about $180 to $250 a clam.

albano
08/21/2013, 04:21 PM
Dr Macs...
http://www.pacificeastaquaculture.com/Clams-for-Sale-Maxima-Crocea-Squamosa-Deresa-Prodlist.html

OrionN
08/21/2013, 08:16 PM
Will at AquaSD is doinging life sale at *********. He got some nice clams (plus corals and anemones)

goalk33p3r
08/25/2013, 09:15 AM
Wow those are some amazing clams the color and patterns