PDA

View Full Version : GBTA nano tank-mates

FishNutty
08/15/2013, 03:31 PM
So I have a GBTA in a 7.5 mixed reef cube, and for the ~2 months it went really well, but it moved to a different rock about a month ago and continued shifting so the last few weeks so that it was on/off blocking light to the frogspawn/hammer/torches (I had five different varieties total). It touched one or two of them briefly, but not massivly, and I was keeping an eye on it, planning to possibly move the LPS soon, just wanted to make sure it wasn't just a phase the GBTA was going through first.

Well, the LPS weren't having any of it, and all decided to die in one magnificent implosion about a week ago that nuked the whole tank and took some softies with them.

So I'm looking for some guidance on re-stocking.

Current FTS for reference-
http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx341/AnnasHope04/2A73CB81-3158-4A60-8F14-8F02F6AE2A50-22981-00001F3D8F443D1E_zps36878e27.jpg (http://s770.photobucket.com/user/AnnasHope04/media/2A73CB81-3158-4A60-8F14-8F02F6AE2A50-22981-00001F3D8F443D1E_zps36878e27.jpg.html)

Here's what I have/had:
Frogspawn x3 varieties (all dead now)
Hammer (dead)
Torch (dead)
Green shrooms (dying)
Purple shrooms (dying)
Red shrooms (ticked, but fine!)
ricordea x1
yuma (1 large, 1 baby?, doing well)
xenia (NOT happy...)
Duncan (LPS, seemingly unaffected)
un-named pink zoas (fine)
dragons breath macro algae (lost orange tips during worst of tank-fouling, no worse for the wear now. touches GBTA without ill-effect to either.)

Now, I'm wondering what it would be advisable to consider re-stocking the tank with/what kind of corals or other things would be best to stock the tank with to fill it up and look nice, but also prevent another event like the one last week. Someone I spoke to recently suggested bio-warfare between the LPS and the GBTA, which made a lot of sense, I'm just wondering what if anything I could put in that wouldn't do that.

These were some corals that I wanted more of or was thinking of trying, I'm looking for thoughts on keeping them with the GBTA and general care/ease of keeping or other suggestions:

Colt or kenya tree coral
Green nepthea
(more) ricordea
(more) yuma
(replace the) shrooms
some different varieties of ornamental macro algea-if someone can suggest what species might do well based off my success with the dragons breath, that would be great.
gorgs-any suggestions on species that are photosynthetic, easy care and on the lower-end price-wise?

I'm also open to other suggestions; I'm just looking for easy-care corals/algae that plays well with others :)

Thanks for any help!

xrayjeeper83
08/15/2013, 04:40 PM
I think that tank is two small for everything your trying to stick in there.

The BTA is going to grow and be able to touch everything, and when it touchs it doesnt do it softly lol