PDA

View Full Version : What and how much to in fuge?

maymond
08/15/2013, 07:41 PM
So my tank is about 5 weeks up and running. Just finished my cycle. All that is in the tank is a coral beauty that I just put in. oh and snails and a few hermits. I have a very small amount of chaeto , few pounds of live rock and light sand bed in my fuge right now. My question is what else do I need to put in the fuge? More chaeto? like I said I have like 5 bucks worth in there. I know it will grow just not sure if I need more at this time. Also im wanting some lps but my lfs told me that tank needs to be at least 2 months old before I put that in there? If this is true whats a good beginner coral?

shifty51008
08/15/2013, 07:49 PM
I would actuallt suggest takeing out the sand in the fuge, it will ve alot easier to clean. You hacve enough cheato so no worries.

Good starter corals are softies, zoas ect. I would wait on lps until you know your parameters stay constant. Low nitrate, phosphate, and your cal. alk and mag dont swing around.

maymond
08/15/2013, 08:51 PM
So just put live rock in the fuge with the chaeto?

shifty51008
08/15/2013, 09:12 PM
Yes.

Joe0813
08/15/2013, 09:33 PM
just my opinion but i would leave the sand... i think the amphipods like the sand under the rock... at least mine did... i would always see them burrowing in there