PDA

View Full Version : Hydor Korila

shellsea
08/19/2013, 07:12 AM
Anyone that can suggest a Minimum On/Off time for Hydor Korilla 1400?

that Fish Guy
08/19/2013, 09:06 AM
I leave mine on all day every day.

I have never heard of anybody not leaving their Powerheads off.

I only turn them off when I do water changes.

Why do you want to turn them off?

dannyboy402
08/19/2013, 10:59 AM
I heard that if you get the wave maker by hydor sometimes they restart in reverse? Is that true?

reeftivo
08/19/2013, 11:46 AM
the Evolution pumps have the rubber bumper to correct the propeller if the AC current starts it in the wrong direction. They do still make a clicking sound but it is nothing like it used to be. I had mine on 1 minute intervals and I didnt notice them switch unless I was really trying to hear them.

toefutoefutoefu
08/19/2013, 12:28 PM
you'll never get a true wave on such a pump. I used to run my koralia's in 4 hours on, 2 hours off. so basically they would overlap Left and Right for an hour, then all left for 2 hours, then overlap 1 hours, then all right 2 hours.

I found this to do the best job in terms of moving detritus around and minimized the amount of on/off cycles.

hossa81
08/19/2013, 12:53 PM
you'll never get a true wave on such a pump. I used to run my koralia's in 4 hours on, 2 hours off. so basically they would overlap Left and Right for an hour, then all left for 2 hours, then overlap 1 hours, then all right 2 hours.

I found this to do the best job in terms of moving detritus around and minimized the amount of on/off cycles.

Have they ever stared backwards on you?