PDA

View Full Version : 75 Gallon Stand Designs

Lowefx
08/20/2013, 02:05 PM
Hello everyone with skillz better than myself,
I search and search through all of these threads and i see a bunch of these 3D mock up from some program on the computer. Will everyone please upload pictures of their design, with dimensions (and measurements) for a 75gal tank with room for a 40gb sump plus other equipment underneath.
I guess im asking for just the skeleton (MINIMAL) of a 75gal stand, with the thinnest (safely) wood (1x2 or 2x4). Im going to base my dimensions on a standard tank, 48 x 19 x 22. at the moment i do not have the tank, but building for the future.
In addition, if you also have a hood skeleton mock up, that would be helpful too.
Pictures are welcome, as well as any advise. Thank you.

Lowefx
08/21/2013, 04:00 PM
Please help...bump

fltekdiver
08/21/2013, 06:08 PM
See here, I used it to build my 120 stand and 180 stand :

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1567110

bTW nice Cap 232 !

Donw
08/22/2013, 02:37 PM
Please help...bump

I dont have any stick built designs but have plenty ply designs if your interested.

Don

Lowefx
08/23/2013, 12:26 PM
Thanks Fltekdiver, guess ill just scale it down the dimensions. I am still waiting for the new fiscal year so I can go to training in OKC for ATC. Been waiting for 3 years now...

Donw, yes i'd like some designs. Im familiar with the basic set up, but I see some stands are built with 1x2's but are they strong enough? I want to be safe as well as light.

Donw
08/23/2013, 12:31 PM
Thanks Fltekdiver, guess ill just scale it down the dimensions. I am still waiting for the new fiscal year so I can go to training in OKC for ATC. Been waiting for 3 years now...

Donw, yes i'd like some designs. Im familiar with the basic set up, but I see some stands are built with 1x2's but are they strong enough? I want to be safe as well as light.

Assuming you have the tools and a little woodworking knowledge you dont need any construction lumber. Just plywood alone is just fine. Send me a PM with an email address and I'll convert some cut list to pdf next week.

Don