PDA

View Full Version : MP10 noisy as ****

rovster
08/22/2013, 05:34 AM
I have an MP10w running on my nano at around 60%. Recently its started making a horrendous noise. It sounds like its coming from the dry side. Its a very high pitched, almost whislte like skreech. It comes and goes. I've noticed it almost always happens when I clean my wetside, or have to reposition it after cleaning the glass, but lately its been happening more randomly. It will make noise for a minute or 2, then go back down to the "normal" hum of these pumps. Definitely sounds like something is going bad. Is there a DIY fix for this? Do I need a new dryside? Any help appreciated! TIA!:celeb1:

Alex Y EcoTech
08/22/2013, 07:25 AM
Rovster,

I would recommend disassembling the wetside and checking for any obstructions or damage that could be causing the noise. If the issue persists please contact us directly so we may discuss warranty status on the MP10.

rovster
08/22/2013, 10:22 AM
Rovster,

I would recommend disassembling the wetside and checking for any obstructions or damage that could be causing the noise. If the issue persists please contact us directly so we may discuss warranty status on the MP10.

Its out of warranty. It seems the noise comes from the dryside for sure. I periodically disassemble the wetside for mainenance and it appears to be operating smoothly. Actually, after maintenance, it makes a lot of noise until it settles in. I reallly feel its coming from the dryside. Its almost like a grinding noise. Its happening more lately. Maybe I'll try and post a video this weekend. Will that help in diagnosing the problem? Its definitely not a hum. It almost sounds like a car with a bad belt, LOL!

fastrd400
08/22/2013, 04:06 PM
Wonder if the bearing(s) may be going out?

Dapg8gt
08/22/2013, 04:23 PM
Bearings are an easy swap.. Plenty of threads on it.. I recommend just buying quality bearings. I have 2 that i replaced.. The cheaper one has a little more "whirr" to it lol.. The expensive bearing is actually quieter than my newer mp's. There Is 2 bearing sizes though. If you need info PM me and I'll find the sizes for you if your interested.

AugustWest
08/22/2013, 10:39 PM
I had the same exact issue. I was out of warranty also but sent it in to EcoTech to be checked. They called me and told me I needed a new dry side.

Never was told that bearings could be replaced. Hope you have better luck than me.