PDA

View Full Version : fire dartfish seems disoriented

realmshades
08/22/2013, 06:38 AM
I have two fire dart fish that are a mated pair spend all there time together but past few weeks one has been staying in hiding in there cave alot more only coming out for there 2nd round of food at night, hasnt been eatting in the AM. during this period of time notice he had this white stringy thing coming out his "butt" so i started him on seachem Focus 2 times a day for 5 days and looks like it went away.

so last night around 6pm was going to give them there last round of food, soon as i put the food in the water he darted in to the cave and didnt come out. so around 730pm shut off the lights and let a few hours go by then i notice he was out of his cave but in the middle back of the tank on the sand bed. He was breathing heavy not like he was trying to get air but ****ed off so got a flash light and was watching him he was bumping into the side of the tank bumping in to the rock. Just wasnt being his self at all

and today couldnt find him could be under a rock some where but he isnt in his cave with the other one..

any ideas????

realmshades
08/22/2013, 09:41 AM
worried abut the little guy and ideas to what is wrong?

realmshades
08/22/2013, 08:17 PM
So when I got home today still no sign, so I started to look for his body so I can take it out before it rotted. moved a few rocks around to look for him no where to be found, think my serpent star and crabs ate him