PDA

View Full Version : Renew and Storm on 24G Nuvo by Innovative Marine

othercents
08/23/2013, 12:41 PM
I'm looking at getting a AIO 24G Nuvo and wanted to see if the Renew Pro and Storm Pro might work with this setup. Also can you combine the sump side level sensors into one to save space?

FYI. The wall the tank will be on has space on the other side to hang the buckets above the tank, however my water supply will come from the basement.

GenesisReefSys
08/26/2013, 07:41 AM
Good morning,

Yes, with the wall space for the Metering Reservoirs on the backside of the wall there should be no problem using the RENEW™ and STORM™ units on your AIO Nuvo. The sensors can all be placed on a single vertical member to help keep space requirements to a minimum. Your sump will include only two essential sensors, which are the RENEW™ sensor placed low in the sump and the STORM™ sensor which will be placed at the optimal running water level. The third sensor that might reside in your sump would be the STORM™ Failsafe Sensor 1, which is purely optional.

The only thing that you will need to determine to ensure complete compatibility is the volume of water that can be removed from your sump before running your return pump or other equipment dry, and perhaps exposing any filter media that you want to keep completely submerged at all times. The RENEW™ will remove 1 gallon at a time, and will then replace it within about 1 minute or two.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Kevin

GenesisReefSys
08/26/2013, 07:44 AM
Forgot to respond to your last point - the mixing bin in the basement will be no problem. You will simply need to use a larger pump for the replacement water transfer.

Have a great day,
Kevin