PDA

View Full Version : Not just another aptasia ??

The sculpin
08/23/2013, 09:42 PM
Do aptasia move like other anemones ?? I had one I was going to eliminate and now it's gone.

Joel_155
08/23/2013, 09:48 PM
Yes they move. They are very invasive also. I found that natural predators work best for removal. My filefish made short work of my aiptasia infestation and he doesn't seem to touch my corals.

The sculpin
08/23/2013, 10:30 PM
I wonder where it went? I gotta kill it!

bnumair
08/23/2013, 10:34 PM
they do move. there is a way to make them move to eliminate them as well. what you do is keep tank dark and have a little beam of light near the aiptasia it will move towards the light. keep moving the light up and it will follow till u get it where u need it or on a smaller rubble rock and discard it once there.

The sculpin
08/23/2013, 10:44 PM
Wow! Really! That's a pretty cool idea! I would have never thought of that, how long does it take? I have deep tank and reaching to use Aptasia x is a pain.

bnumair
08/23/2013, 10:50 PM
yes i have read about it never done it myself as i always use dry rock for setups and i have a copperband butterfly that eats if i get one on corals etc. but this process is a slow steady process which can last days to get it where u need and keeping a reef tank dark longer than 3-4 days is death sentence for corals.