PDA

View Full Version : blue face angel and clown trigger

dviper150
08/23/2013, 10:15 PM
I have a couple of questions regarding the blueface angel and the clown trigger.

I see they are caught from different areas and some are more expensive then others at the same size. I have seen some blue face angels around 6-8" with the black dot on the rear of the doral fin and some of the same size without that Dot. I have also seen clown triggers of the same size with that pinkish hue on their top and bottom fin (Not sure of the names of those fins) while others don't have that pinkish hue.

Anyone know what area the trigger and blue face are collected from to have that pink hue and the black dot, respectively?

cooterbrown
08/24/2013, 08:40 AM
Clown triggers if they're babies are recently captive bred. That's why the price drop and more availability. I'm getting a 2" captive bred baby next week. (I don't know why but I can't pass up free fish).

I don't know about the blue faces angel. That's a good question. And your smart for asking because I've always thought the location and method used to capture in certain locations plays a major role on hardiness of fish.

Dmorty217
08/24/2013, 09:29 AM
Clown triggers are found from the Indo-West Pacific to South Africa, my guess would be the pink hue ones come from Africa. That is a guess but most other fish that are collected off South Africa are more colorful than one collected elsewhere ie. Regal Angel, obviously the Red Sea variant is also very colorful. As far as the blue face goes I don't know enough about them

humaguy
08/24/2013, 10:10 AM
only large specimens will develop the pink on their fins...
look for ones from the coral sea...
I have not heard of any cb clowns recently hitting the market...

dviper150
08/24/2013, 10:12 AM
only large specimens will develop the pink on their fins...
look for ones from the coral sea...

I haven't seen any CT from the coral sea. I was looking between LA and bluezooaquatics. They only have indo pacific, sumatra, and Australia.

humaguy
08/24/2013, 10:19 AM
yeah, they would prob be a dd item...
avoid indo...
Sumatra and aussie are great...
can ask Kevin at dd, Mike at bz, or Michael at nya to get you one...
but remember, they need to be pretty massive to get the pink..

dviper150
08/24/2013, 10:21 AM
yeah, they would prob be a dd item...
avoid indo...
Sumatra and aussie are great...
can ask Kevin at dd, Mike at bz, or Michael at nya to get you one...
but remember, they need to be pretty massive to get the pink..

Thanks. What about the blue face? do you know what regions get the black dot on rear? They also have more orange on them compared to the ones that don't have the blue dot.

Mrscribbled
08/24/2013, 10:38 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong. . Maldives blueface lack the eye spot.

humaguy
08/24/2013, 11:44 AM
Maldives and indian ocean have more orange...pacific ocean tend to be more yellow...