PDA

View Full Version : Hadoni Vs GBTA

bobpiker
08/25/2013, 06:09 AM
I've had my gbta for several months. He went underneath a large clam shell I had in my display and although I could see him he never came out. I have 5 rbtas that are a bit higher and are doing great and getting bigger so it's crazy that the gbta just wouldn't come out and do the same.

So, after adding a 16" blue hadoni well away from the rbtas but near to the clam shell, even though I dug out a sand layer and put his foot into the hole, he moved a bit and turned over the clam shell in his hunt for a perfect location. That's when he began to get close to the gbta...practically touching it. The gbta didn't have a lot of color...mostly the tips...so I had imagined it was on its last leg anyway never having come into the light nor even moving once it went under the shell.

This morning, I'm looking at my tank and see that the gbta has moved itself to the exact opposite side of the shell in an area where it will get plenty of light with a nice shell-cushion separating it from the hadoni. It obviously isn't on its last leg and still has enough desire to thrive, once reminded by the hadoni, that it mustered the energy to move itself for the first time since it entered my tank.

Although I'm sure we all know an hadoni would win out in a battle with a bta, it's nice to see that given the opportunity a bta will do its best to survive. That and a bunch of carbon.

Bob