PDA

View Full Version : Stand Prep

BIGD0G
08/26/2013, 09:27 AM
HI all,

I have been getting the stand ready and trying to do all the things I can think of in preparation of setting up the tank. It is a 180 tank so will not be easy to move once setup.

I have done the following so far:

Painted/sealed entire inside with acrylic paint
Closed on back opening to prevent wall damage and light from fuge coming out the back. Build tractable doors over them that can be opened if needed.
Installed 4’ track lighting across the top. The lights can be moved and swiveled as needed.
Installed DJ type Power switch with 8 outlets at the top facing out of one of the doors to be able to easily turn on/off equipment as needed.
Installed to 80mm computer fans on each side to draw in fresh air to the stand to control heat and humidity in the stand. These are super quiet fans as well.
Ran 2 dedicated 20 amp GFCI circuits. One for each side of the stand. Not sure I will need that much power but have it if needed. Used a GFCI breaker in power panel rather than GFCI outlet so it can be reset easily as the outlet are covered by the stand. The power is brought into the stand on each side through a hole with a desk grommet. The hole is large enough allow me to run the cords for in tank pumps and lights to the stand as well.
Ran a water drain line through the wall to be able to drain water from the sump or connect a gravel vacuum up.
Ran 3 1/4" lines through the wall to do auto water changes and for auto top off. I will connect these to a water changing station outside on the other side of the wall from the aquarium.

So the question is what am I forgetting to put in place in the stand? Anything else I should add to the stand now that would be a pain to add once the tank is there? I know I will have other equipment in the stand itself but want to make sure I do not have a need to move the stand once the water is in the tank to add something I forgot.

Thanks

BIGD0G
08/27/2013, 11:30 AM
Anyone have any input? Thanks for the help. Just trying to do things right the first time and the right way.

Dmantz1
08/28/2013, 11:05 PM
Sound ok