PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about switching AI SOL Blue to Radion Pro

oxx155
08/26/2013, 10:56 PM
I have 22 AI SOL Blues that I have had for almost 2 years now. Unfortunately over the last few months I have been having to replace power supplies, pucks, and control boards. I have also had issues with them losing connection.
I have tried to get help from AI Support but its been more "buy parts from our store" than actually trying to help.
I really like Ecotech's products and support, so I am considering switching all my units to their Radion Pro units.

What does everyone think? Would I be happy with the units?
Tank is 30" deep (750 display, each light covers 18"x18" approximately).
How about the support for the lights?
or the light control on EcoSmart Live?

Thanks

ArmanS
08/26/2013, 11:00 PM
I don't personally have Radion Pro's but I have a few friends that do and they are very happy with them.

One of them as 3 on a 225g 30" deep tank and has SPS and is very happy. I think they can handle 30" deep and 18x18 is probably smaller than what most people use them for, 24"x24".

HTH

quantim0
08/26/2013, 11:01 PM
Starting off a radion will cover a 24x24 square, so you will need less of them if you are using Sols at every 18".

I haven't used EcoTech support but everything I have seen indicated it is excellent.

I also have not had any problems with ESL. I know some people have, but it has worked perfectly for me every time. I've only had my radions for a few months but I am satisfied.

Spirofucci
08/27/2013, 06:22 AM
I have a Pro, only one.......:)

Customer support and service from Ecotech is excellent. If you have a problem they will overnight you a new unit or part with a prepaid shipping to send the your unit back to them.

prox
08/27/2013, 06:36 AM
My tank is about 55cm deep and i m running pro on 50% intensity. Very powerful light..

oxx155
08/27/2013, 06:22 PM
Has anyone had any issue with the wireless connectivity?