PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs help

MichaelAdair
08/27/2013, 12:49 PM
Hello all. First off, I am going to go ahead and apologize for the long initial post.

Secondly, I've been out of the saltwater game for about 8 years now and have been recently looking to dive back in. I've been lurking on this site for a while and reading all the awesome sticky threads to re-acclimate myself to the hobby. A ton has changed in the last 5-8 years and all of the info available on this site is priceless.

Now to specifics. I'm looking for an aquarium under 50 gallons (I'm partially disabled so anything much larger gets too heavy for me). My goal is to have a nice LPS & Soft Coral oriented aquarium with your typical small aquarium fish and clean-up crew. I came across this Craigslist find last night and feel like this is a pretty good deal and fits my requirements. I'm not familiar with using mangrove plants but everything else seems pretty standard. I would love to hear your thoughts and/or concerns. I'm seriously looking at picking this up this weekend. Also, any recommendations on moving a tank are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Here is the link: http://lexington.craigslist.org/for/4027803947.html

If for some reason you can't click the link the details are:

Its a 20x18x20 drilled from behind...it has a 1 1/4 over flow and 3/4 return. It has a water heater, biocube nano skimmer, macro algae, lots of copapods, two mangrove plants, mineral mud in refugium, I custom built the refugium to fit that stand-also comes with it, black sand, live rock, small hydor power head, hydor return pump, check valve, a coralife timer, i think an Odyssey power compact light fixture w/moon lights (bulbs need to be replaced), two or three hermit crabs. All that for 280.00. Oh yeah..theres a large Clarkii Clownfish, and a blue velvet damsel if you want it. And if thats not enough ill throw in either a large piece of yellow star polyps (soft ball size) or a large piece of colt coral (10in high) for free. One or the other-not both.

Thanks again.