PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use ozone generators

rogerwilco357
08/28/2013, 03:40 PM
If so what benefit do you get from using the ozone machine and will this help with cyano or other types of algae blooms?

bertoni
08/28/2013, 11:06 PM
Ozone might help clear up the water, but it's unlikely to help with cyanobacteria or algae problems. It's good for breaking down organics that dye the water, but are hard for bacteria to consume. This article might help:

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-05/rhf/index.php

billsreef
08/29/2013, 06:21 PM
I use ozone both at home for my reef tanks and at work for treating water in a university research lab. The long and short of it, read that article by Randy that bertoni provided the link for ;)

mat167
09/02/2013, 09:32 PM
We use it on several large systems where I work. I can say with certainty that ozone does not, by itself at least, prevent cyano. On the list of equipment I would use at home, it's very far towards the bottom.

ThaBeast
09/02/2013, 10:02 PM
I started using ozone this summer in the garage in my mixing station. I turned off the pump due to heat issues and used a luft pump...which with the hot air in the garage made a moldy mixing station. I hooked up a Poseidon jr I had from a previous project and it keeps the mixing barrel clean