PDA

View Full Version : Biocube filtration question...

Jblank44
08/29/2013, 10:02 PM
Okay, so right now here is my sump of the back of my biocube 14. Running the stevie T media basket. Top is poly filter, second is submersible light with chaeto, third is chemi pure elite and purigen. I bought seagel, as ive read it is a good phos remover and nitrate, nitrite and so fourth. I was thinking about putting it in another chamber or putting it in the top layer of the media basket, under the poly filter. Good idea? I want no phos, im sitting at .2 ish, and I need to get it down. Also, I will probably have good bioload in the time coming. Any thought or suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!

Jblank44
08/29/2013, 10:21 PM
Well I guess chemipure elite and seagel do the same thing...? Sweet, waste of money. Lol maybe I'm wrong

rovster
08/30/2013, 06:16 AM
I only run purigen, CPE, and floss in mine. My phos hovers around 0.04. My 14 is well established though, will take time to get there. You don't have to over complicate it.

Jblank44
08/30/2013, 06:58 AM
I only run purigen, CPE, and floss in mine. My phos hovers around 0.04. My 14 is well established though, will take time to get there. You don't have to over complicate it.

Well I've had mine for a year and a half now. I'm not trying to over complicate it, I'm just going to be getting a clam and sps at some point. So, I need a really nice environment for those! I don't think ill need seagel but may give it a try! Why not! Also, chaeto in my tank did me some good! It's worth it, I had a huge downfall with my tank, nitrates up near 80ppm, as of Sunday I was around 3.5ppm, so that's also a must to eliminate! :)

rovster
08/30/2013, 09:52 AM
Fwiw, mine is full of SPS, no clams. I only have one fish though, so that helps. At times when I felt phos was climbing, I would add a spoon of rowaphos to my CPE, but haven't needed that in some time.

Jblank44
08/30/2013, 10:53 AM
Fwiw, mine is full of SPS, no clams. I only have one fish though, so that helps. At times when I felt phos was climbing, I would add a spoon of rowaphos to my CPE, but haven't needed that in some time.

Good to know! Recently I've been acclimating a new light so its pretty boring! lol but once it's doing well I will start to add stuff! I'm gonna do a large biooad in terms of coral... probably a pair of percs thats it

rovster
08/30/2013, 11:01 AM
I have a huge coral bioload. Been collecting frags for my larger build, but that's taking forever! I ran out of room so I have corals on racks and the back wall. These are great tanks, but after a while, you run out of room:D

Jblank44
08/30/2013, 03:09 PM
I have a huge coral bioload. Been collecting frags for my larger build, but that's taking forever! I ran out of room so I have corals on racks and the back wall. These are great tanks, but after a while, you run out of room:D

very true! Heres mine! just a bunch of frags making their way there lol
http://imgur.com/a/GLfJE