PDA

View Full Version : Artic S026 vs D120

Fitz19d
08/30/2013, 07:17 PM
Alright, I've got one opinion of someone I respect on here. But I was hoping for some other anecdotal or logical reasoning from folks since it's an expensive and important decision. Want to order these in the next day or two so looking for fast answers to questions I should have noticed/asked sooner.

I've got a 215 tank coming (Mixed reef, no super crazy sps but some in there), for now I'm probably getting 3 fixtures in my budget and either a 4th later, or perhaps even then later going 2 big controllable fixtures and sell/find other uses for what I order.

Was all set for the S026 Arctics from oceanrevive because of the wider size seemed good for my 24inch or so wide tank. But then I noticed there is only one kind of blue in the S026, vs the D120 that at least has something like 480,450,420 I think it was.

I don't know enough about the light spectrums to know if for full spectrum I care more about having that red/green in there or whether it's more about having every different nm of blue I can find.

(So basically better coverage vs seemingly more diverse light choices and a few more led total)

S026 (LEDS listed under specifications.
http://www.oceanrevivellc.com/goods.php?id=18

D120
http://www.oceanrevivellc.com/goods.php?id=17

sirreal63
08/30/2013, 07:53 PM
Be careful, you may have been steered to that company by someone shilling for them who has a monetary stake in your buying from them.

As far as the fixtures go, there is a reason LEDs are moving towards a full spectrum, it gives better and more predictable results. Whatever you decide, try and pick a fixture with an improved spectrum, the violet range is an important one. Personally if it were me, I would go with the ReefBreeders units, they have been around long enough to assure you of service and support, and they are also a sponsor here and do not need people to shill for them, they have a good product and stand behind it.

Borchers
09/06/2013, 01:05 PM
As someone who bought one just to try it out I am very impressed. For the price point it's a great fixture.

Fitz19d
09/06/2013, 01:52 PM
I'm assuming you mean the arctic.... or? Talking about 2 fixtures, you didn't say which?

(Too late though as I did end up ordering a fancier set of LED)

Ron Reefman
09/06/2013, 01:59 PM
What did you end up getting?