PDA

View Full Version : Help me design my sump/fuge

lee_d_m
09/02/2013, 02:40 PM
Hi all,

Having been out of the hobby for a few years, I've finally decided to come back and build a new tank.

I aim to have a 5x2x2 with an outdoor sump and fuge.

My previous tank was very basic, so I have no real experience of plumbing, flow rates and overall design, so I desperately need some help.

To get things started, I've put together a sump/fuge design diagram which I would appreciate some feedback and assistance with.

The main goal is to ensure correct filtration, maximize pod production and ensure it is capable of handling any blockages/power failures.

My skimmer is gravity fed in this design, but I'm not set on this method. I would however like to keep as much heat generating equipment out of the water if possible.

Finally, as my sump/fuge tanks will be outside (they'll be in a wooden shed), I'd be interested to hear of anything I should be considering with the contstruction of the shed. I live in the south of the UK, so we don't get crazily cold winters or extreme summers, but I want to make sure I've considered any issues that might occur with this type of model.

Any and all feedback is appreciated

Thanks

Lee