PDA

View Full Version : Help need looking for an Aquamaxx cone s skimmer

Dannytv3045
09/03/2013, 05:12 AM
I ordered a aquamaxx cone s co1 skimmer a month from marine depot and they keep pushing back the shipping date. I checked it this morning and now it says 2-4 months *** I'm ****ed. A few weeks ago it said 2 days I think I'm done with marine depot! Anyone know wher I can get one of these skimmers ASAP???

reeftivo
09/03/2013, 07:39 AM
Have you tried aquarium specialty?
Maybe contact Scott over on their sponsor forum.
Maybe their still out but their site doesn't show as out of stock.

MarineDepot
09/04/2013, 11:28 AM
I ordered a aquamaxx cone s co1 skimmer a month from marine depot and they keep pushing back the shipping date. I checked it this morning and now it says 2-4 months *** I'm ****ed. A few weeks ago it said 2 days I think I'm done with marine depot! Anyone know wher I can get one of these skimmers ASAP???

Hi, Dannytv3045. Jeff from Marine Depot here. Please accept our sincere apology for the delay. These skimmers have been extremely difficult to keep in stock since they are in such high demand.

I just checked with our purchasing department and we are anticipating a shipment next week. They said we actually have several purchase orders pending with AquaMaxx, so those multiple PO's may be tripping up the ETAs displayed on the site. I believe this is a bug our IT department can fix so future shoppers aren't mislead, confused or frustrated by inaccurate ETA postings that differ from what one of our customer service reps might tell you (since they can check our PO history if you call/email).

If you PM me your order #, I can check to see if you will be one of the recipients of the skimmers arriving next week. Also, if you'd like to cancel your order and pick up a skimmer elsewhere, we completely understand. At the end of the day, we just want you to be happy and your tank to be healthy!

We appreciate your business and are glad you've brought this matter to our attention.

reeftivo
09/04/2013, 03:39 PM
Hi, Dannytv3045. Jeff from Marine Depot here. Please accept our sincere apology for the delay. These skimmers have been extremely difficult to keep in stock since they are in such high demand.

I just checked with our purchasing department and we are anticipating a shipment next week. They said we actually have several purchase orders pending with AquaMaxx, so those multiple PO's may be tripping up the ETAs displayed on the site. I believe this is a bug our IT department can fix so future shoppers aren't mislead, confused or frustrated by inaccurate ETA postings that differ from what one of our customer service reps might tell you (since they can check our PO history if you call/email).

If you PM me your order #, I can check to see if you will be one of the recipients of the skimmers arriving next week. Also, if you'd like to cancel your order and pick up a skimmer elsewhere, we completely understand. At the end of the day, we just want you to be happy and your tank to be healthy!

We appreciate your business and are glad you've brought this matter to our attention.

Now that's why I like buying from Marine depot!

Happy customers are loyal customers!!

MarineDepot
09/04/2013, 03:58 PM
Now that's why I like buying from Marine depot!

Happy customers are loyal customers!!

Thanks, reeftivo! I actually found out a bit more about how product ETAs are determined and displayed and it's a far more intelligent system than I imagined. That said, our Director of Operations and I agreed that given how this sort of thing happens occasionally it can still use some fine-tuning. In this particular case, we completely stand where Dannytv3045 is coming from. We'd be a bit perturbed ourselves if we backordered something assuming it would be available quickly vs. a 2-4 month delay. We're just keeping our fingers crossed his skimmer is in next week's shipment.

reeftivo
09/04/2013, 04:20 PM
Thanks, reeftivo! I actually found out a bit more about how product ETAs are determined and displayed and it's a far more intelligent system than I imagined. That said, our Director of Operations and I agreed that given how this sort of thing happens occasionally it can still use some fine-tuning. In this particular case, we completely stand where Dannytv3045 is coming from. We'd be a bit perturbed ourselves if we backordered something assuming it would be available quickly vs. a 2-4 month delay. We're just keeping our fingers crossed his skimmer is in next week's shipment.

I hear ya!

I have been in contact with Larry (CS Rep) at Aquamaxx quite a bit regarding specs and ship dates for the new ConeS series skimmers. He has been great in replying to all my questions. The info you stated regarding a possible shipment coming in next week would coincide with what Larry had stated in his e-mail. Unless there are customs issues, a shipment should be arriving shortly.

Happy Reefing:thumbsup:

Tivo

Dannytv3045
09/04/2013, 05:05 PM
Ok I stand corrected that was just me kinda venting since my newly set up system is running without a skimmer for a month. I will just wait I understand its out of your hands and up to the supplier to come through for u. My only issue was with eta and u answered that in your reply. Although I am a little bummed i understand and will just wait. I have ordered from marine depot before with good results before.

MarineDepot
09/04/2013, 05:08 PM
Ok I stand corrected that was just me kinda venting since my newly set up system is running without a skimmer for a month. I will just wait I understand its out of your hands and up to the supplier to come through for u. My only issue was with eta and u answered that in your reply. Although I am a little bummed i understand and will just wait. I have ordered from marine depot before with good results before.

We totally understand! Did you want to us check if your order will be fulfilled with next week's delivery? We'd just need your order # or email address to access your account. Feel free to PM us with those details if you don't want to share them here. Thanks for following up!

Dannytv3045
09/05/2013, 05:57 AM
We totally understand! Did you want to us check if your order will be fulfilled with next week's delivery? We'd just need your order # or email address to access your account. Feel free to PM us with those details if you don't want to share them here. Thanks for following up!

Order #: 101349615 I hope it comes in this order I have my fingers crossed.

MarineDepot
09/05/2013, 11:40 AM
Order #: 101349615 I hope it comes in this order I have my fingers crossed.

Good news, Dannytv3045! You're #11 on the waiting list. Our next PO has 30 skimmers in it, so you'll be good to go. We apologize again for the delay—we expected these babies back in mid-August so we're very anxious for their arrival.

:bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1:

ksicard
09/05/2013, 11:53 AM
Now that is customer service, congrats on the new skimmer.

MarineDepot
09/05/2013, 11:57 AM
Now that is customer service, congrats on the new skimmer.

You got us blushing over here, ksicard! LOL All in a day's work. ;)

VegasUSP
09/05/2013, 12:49 PM
You got us blushing over here, ksicard! LOL All in a day's work. ;)

Jeff can you see if my order will be filled in this next batch?

Order #: 101361095

Thanks!

Keefer
09/05/2013, 01:14 PM
Jeff,

While your checking . . . How about Order #101360715?

Thanks,
Keith

Quintis
09/05/2013, 02:25 PM
I just wanted to chime in and say for future buyers, if you haven't "liked" their FB page to do so. I saw a post they made about the AM's being in stock and I placed my order right away and got my CO-2.

reeftivo
09/05/2013, 02:50 PM
Lol, this thread is going to blow up fast. Jeff opened the proverbial can of worms.
Worth the wait. Mine's still rocking since out of the box.

MarineDepot
09/05/2013, 02:58 PM
Jeff,

Thanks,
Keith

Hi Keefer. Thanks for your post. I shot a request over to our purchasing department to check about 20 minutes ago—I'll reply once I hear back.

I just wanted to chime in and say for future buyers, if you haven't "liked" their FB page to do so. I saw a post they made about the AM's being in stock and I placed my order right away and got my CO-2.

Thanks for the recommendation, Quintis! We work hard to keep the FB feed fun and lively. Here's the link (https://www.facebook.com/marinedepotdotcom) if anyone is interested.

Lol, this thread is going to blow up fast. Jeff opened the proverbial can of worms.
Worth the wait. Mine's still rocking since out of the box.

You may be right, reeftivo, but it's all good. To be honest, I'm just replying to you fine guys and gals. Another staffer in another department is actually checking our POs and your orders... so let's make her work. LOL

MarineDepot
09/05/2013, 03:41 PM
Jeff,

Thanks,
Keith

Hi again, Keefer. Just heard back from the purchasing team and they confirmed you are going to get one of the skimmers in our shipment next week. :celeb3:

fltekdiver
09/05/2013, 08:34 PM
Can you conform please

ORDER # 101363924 ORDER DATE 09/02/2013

MarineDepot
09/06/2013, 11:27 AM
Can you conform please

Hi, fltekdiver. Thanks for your question and for shopping with us! You're a bit further down on the waiting list. However, we are pretty confident your order will be fulfilled in the next shipment, we are just reluctant to offer a guarantee today (we don't want to make promises we can't keep!). There isn't any indication as of now to make us believe you won't receive the item in our next order, although occasionally manufacturers split high-demand items evenly between retailers rather than delivering them on a first-come, first-serve basis. Not saying that's the case here, but it is something we have to be mindful of when making assurances with customers who are depending on us. We look forward to shipping your order ASAP!

VegasUSP
09/06/2013, 12:11 PM

Thanks!

Did you get a chance to check on this order Jeff? Thanks in advance!

MarineDepot
09/06/2013, 12:47 PM
Did you get a chance to check on this order Jeff? Thanks in advance!

All signs point to yes. We checked the weight of the shipment in transit a moment ago and it is enormous—20 pallets are on the way. However, just to reiterate what we told fltekdiver, we're a bit reluctant to make more guarantees until everything gets here. We don't want to disappoint you in the slim chance there is an issue. They aren't made of glass, so we doubt anything would break while traveling here, but there are just a lot of variables involved. Hopefully you can bear with us just a bit longer until the order arrives and we can inspect everything.

JonSadowsky
09/06/2013, 03:34 PM
Jeff

PM sent...

Thanks

Jon

Dannytv3045
09/06/2013, 04:29 PM
I thought I was the only one with this situation I had no idea there was that much demand for these skimmers they must really be good!

fltekdiver
09/06/2013, 04:31 PM
Thanks, ill give it another week, other wise ill have to go with the reef octopus line

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tap Talk

MarineDepot
09/06/2013, 04:35 PM
Can you conform please

Just got confirmation that your skimmer is indeed in the next shipment. Sorry for the delay, but we're also relieved we were able to update you before the weekend.

MarineDepot
09/06/2013, 04:36 PM
Jeff

PM sent...

Thanks

Jon

Hey, Jon ~ I just got confirmation your order will definitely be fulfilled with a skimmer in our next shipment.

:dance:

MarineDepot
09/06/2013, 04:41 PM

Thanks!

I have received confirmation that your order will be fulfilled once our next shipment arrives! :love2:

JonSadowsky
09/06/2013, 04:51 PM
Hey, Jon ~ I just got confirmation your order will definitely be fulfilled with a skimmer in our next shipment.

:dance:

Jeff, thanks for all the time you put in to give us all feedback here on RC.

Much appreciated and you guys rock !!! :beer:

AND... I get to change my tank info soon, YEAH!

Jon

fltekdiver
09/06/2013, 04:53 PM
Thanks so much . You made my weekend !

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tap Talk

VegasUSP
09/08/2013, 09:32 AM
Awesome stuff! Thanks for checking!