PDA

View Full Version : LED Moonlighting Strip with ATI T5 Fixture

Patrick Cox
09/03/2013, 09:44 AM
I am thinking of adding an LED strip that I can run fairly dim as moonlighting for night viewing in my tank. I just got back from MACNA and the "Build My LED" strip looked like a pretty good option. It is APEX ready so I can easily control it and then also it has rim mounts to mount right on my tank rim.

Just curious if anyone has experience to share on this product or if you have recommendations for others.

I looked at Ecoxotic and Current strips but the Build My LED seemed like the best turnkey option. It is a bit more expensive but I don't mind paying for the convenience.

Thanks!

ChrisOzment
11/06/2013, 04:18 PM
anyone?

txaggie09
11/06/2013, 04:22 PM
Did the BML strip get dim enough for you? I havent messed with their actinic strip but my 12,000k fixtures from them dim pretty low but still too bright for a moonlight. If it gets dim enough for you, i say go for it. I've been very happy with their lights.

If youre not in a big hurry, they are supposedly coming out with a new light that is controllable on different levels, including a true moonlight setting. No word yet on the ETA for these fixtures but hopefully wont be too long.

kc350twin
11/06/2013, 09:17 PM
SunPower or PowerModule?

I added a moonlight inside a SunPower on my last fixture.

FlyPenFly
11/06/2013, 11:39 PM
As far as strips go, I believe BML strips are the only ones that have Apex compatibility built in.

ChrisOzment
11/20/2013, 02:41 PM
As far as strips go, I believe BML strips are the only ones that have Apex compatibility built in.

I believe there are a number of LED strips that have plug n play Apex functionality.

All I had to do with the Ecoxotic stunner strips was cut the 2 wire plugs they come with and wire to the meanwell driver directly. then connect the dimmable driver to the apex dimming cable. then plug the dimming cable into the VDM.

FlyPenFly
11/20/2013, 02:43 PM
I believe there are a number of LED strips that have plug n play Apex functionality.

All I had to do with the Ecoxotic stunner strips was cut the 2 wire plugs they come with and wire to the meanwell driver directly. then connect the dimmable driver to the apex dimming cable. then plug the dimming cable into the VDM.

I mean in terms of just plug and play. You just need to buy the cable they sell and it hooks up directly into the VDM. I don't know of other light strips where there's no wire stripping and stuff involved.