PDA

View Full Version : Vivid Aquariums: good or bad experiences?

scubakid3
09/05/2013, 07:56 PM
I'm planning on getting some small frags for my 8 gallon nano. They will be under BoostLED par30s. I saw that the WYSIWYG section on Vivid Aquariums has some pretty sweet deals on some pretty sweet corals. Mostly looking for some cool zoas and maybe a blastomussa or two. Are they as good as LA? They seem pretty reliable and I really like their selections. Experiences? Thanks in advance.

ReefPharmer
09/05/2013, 10:05 PM
they are pretty solid

Mark SF
09/05/2013, 10:12 PM
Visited over the holiday weekend at their store in Canoga Park and I must say that the place was top notch! The guys were really friendly, knowledgable and helpful.

I spent a little over $400.00 on some solid livestock for the aquarium and everything is doing very well.

Next time I am in SoCal I will be sure to visit again.

-Mark

smartwater101
09/05/2013, 11:55 PM
I've always had a good experience with them. They can be pricey but the selection is fantastic. I picked up an older WYSIWYG and it was 4 times the size it was in the photo. (got lucky) Plus they don't over-photoshop their photos.

darthparj
09/06/2013, 02:33 AM
good experience with them. got fish and coral from them. healthy livestock and packed well

scubakid3
09/06/2013, 04:34 AM
Nice! I think I'll try them. I'll be ordering offline since I think driving all the way to cali and back would be more for gas than the order itself!

lespaul339
09/06/2013, 07:38 AM
Ordered 4 corals and 1 fish from them and the fish and 2 out of the 4 coral died. They took care of me and issued me credit though. Cant say it was a bad experience, but some of the livestock I got definitely wasn't healthy, or just didn't do good in shipping. But I will probably give them another chance and order from them again.

slief
09/06/2013, 09:08 AM
They are a couple miles from my office and I've been there several times. They have a great selection of livestock and coral and their facility is top notch. Also much of what they sell is fragged from their own colonies which is a good thing.

I really like Vivid and they are my first local choice for quality livestock.