PDA

View Full Version : Favia and trumpet

Jblank44
09/07/2013, 01:00 PM
For the past few days these two haven't looked so great! I don't know what it could be. I don't like it, I don't know of there is something in my water that I haven't tested that's messing with them or what! Last week it looked very good!

Params:
temp: 79.2
Sal: 1.0255
pH: 8
Nitrite: 0
Ammonia: 0
Nitrate: 3-5ppm
Cal: 425
Magnesium: 1350
Phosphate: <0.03
Alk: 8.9

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/08/3yve7u9y.jpg

Reefing21715
09/07/2013, 01:30 PM
what is you kh level and you nitrates are to hi

Jblank44
09/07/2013, 01:54 PM
what is you kh level and you nitrates are to hi

What is kh? You mean alkalinity? It 8.9 dKH. And my nitrates aren't that bad, yeah they should be zero but it's never had this problem for the 4 months I've had it. Does this happen occasionally?

Reef Frog
09/07/2013, 04:34 PM
I'm not seeing anything that is obviously wrong with either, and I have kept both species for 2+ years. But I may have missed something in the pic.

Are these new additions to the tank, and what happened specifically to concern you? I've found that over time, both of these LPS puff up at times and shrink to smaller polyp size in cycles. Polyp size seems to shrink if they get too much light and they seem to swell up & extend polyps at night when hungry. Have you observed them at night? Flow should be good but not too strong. Your params are fine...NO4 is best a little lower, but not a major problem if those test values are accurate. If these corals are new additions, it takes a little time to settle in. Good luck.

Jblank44
09/07/2013, 05:12 PM
I'm not seeing anything that is obviously wrong with either, and I have kept both species for 2+ years. But I may have missed something in the pic.

Are these new additions to the tank, and what happened specifically to concern you? I've found that over time, both of these LPS puff up at times and shrink to smaller polyp size in cycles. Polyp size seems to shrink if they get too much light and they seem to swell up & extend polyps at night when hungry. Have you observed them at night? Flow should be good but not too strong. Your params are fine...NO4 is best a little lower, but not a major problem if those test values are accurate. If these corals are new additions, it takes a little time to settle in. Good luck.

It looks scaly and not puffy it is almost shriveled up! Normally really puffy like this...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/08/epepenus.jpg