PDA

View Full Version : Best way to attach

Raffm22
09/18/2013, 07:15 PM
Hello. What is the best way to attach mushrooms and acordia to live rock? thanks.

ap2honda
09/18/2013, 07:50 PM
You can use a pantyhose to wrap the mushroom and rock together untill the mushroom attaches itself to the rock, then you can remove the pantyhose ( same concept as with xenia)

ap2honda
09/18/2013, 07:52 PM
You can also encase it with live rock rubble and wait till it attaches to the actual rock before you remove the fortified wall and roof of rubble,

You can also place the mushroom on live rock rubble wait untill it attaches to a small piece of rubble and then just putty the rubble with attached mushroom to your liverock.
Hope this helps.

explor3r
09/24/2013, 07:45 AM
+1 For rock rubble in a small container cover the top with a net and secure it with an elastic band so no fish or crabs will disturb the mushroom frags.

RFLKPTR
10/11/2013, 06:40 AM
I use a shotglass. Just fill it with rubble and wait a bit.

The other ideas suggested work fine though.

SantaMonica
10/12/2013, 02:33 PM
Is the shotglass in the tank?

justthewife
10/15/2013, 08:32 AM
I use a shotglass. Just fill it with rubble and wait a bit.

The other ideas suggested work fine though.

I think this is the best way for ricordea:thumbsup:. The shotglass should indeed be in the tank and shouldn't have any fancy painted stuff on it, it should be a heavy plain bar type shotglass.

Other mushroom can be placed on a rock and netting placed over the top of them and secured. Red mushrooms take a couple weeks for some reason.

RogueReefer
10/15/2013, 10:22 AM
Another easy way is to place the mushroom or mushroom frag on the substrate in a calm corner of the aquarium, wait until it attaches to a few grains and then CA it to a rock.

I find that they will tightly adhere to a small particles more rapidly. I use this same technique for Sinularia.