PDA

View Full Version : ROCv question

NH Fish
09/19/2013, 09:58 AM
I want to order my second renew/storm system today. My question is, can I run 2 Rocv's from one RO/DI using a T on the output? this will be 2 separate storage barrels and 2 separate genesis systems, but only 1 RO/DI . I didn't know if pressure drop from one rocv would effect the other. Please reply asap as I would like to order today
Thanks
Dave

GenesisReefSys
09/19/2013, 11:03 AM
Hi Dave,

There should be no problem at all using two ROCv™ modules on the output side of the RODI unit. However, you will need to control one of the modules manually since only one ROCv™ can be controlled by the STORM™.

You might want to save some money and place a tee after the RODI unit, locate the ROCv™ on the run that goes to the bin that you want to automatically refill (your top off bin), and then place a 1/4-turn valve on the other run that goes to the second bin. Place a float valve on that bin so that it cannot overflow, and then simply use the 1/4-turn valve to fill that bin manually when needed. The automatic shut off valve on your RODI will shut off the flow when the float valve closes, and then all you'll need to do is close the 1/4-turn valve the next time you walk by.

Have a good day,
Kevin

NH Fish
09/19/2013, 11:07 AM
I was going to get a whole second renew and storm and have the rovc run off of the new storm. I will have 2 separate aquarium systems including the genesis

GenesisReefSys
09/19/2013, 11:15 AM
Ah - then there should be no problem at all! I actually do the same thing at my home.

NH Fish
09/19/2013, 11:21 AM
Thanks. I just placed the order.
Dave

GenesisReefSys
09/19/2013, 11:27 AM
Thanks, Dave! It will ship right away!

Kevin

bnumair
11/10/2013, 10:55 PM
wrong post