PDA

View Full Version : Ich again help!!!!!!

edhaze
09/19/2013, 05:00 PM
Hey guys i am having a problem with ICH and before you tell me to read up on it ill let you know i read everything lol and just have a question or two pertaining to my situation... I have a quarantine tank but it is only 12 gallon and wont be able to put all my fish in it in order to treat with copper. If i take my hermits, snails, and peppermint shrimp and put them in the qt and then treat my dt with hypo will that work since i dont want to completely kill my live rock. And if this is possible what can i expect from my live rock and sand bed when im all done with the hypo. I just want to eradicate this PEST from my tank already this is the second time i am battling this and want it to be my last time. BTW i have a 75 gallon FOWLR no corals and all of my water parameters seem to be in check. As far as fish i have A scooter blennie, yellow gobie and a fire fish that seem to be immune from the ICH as per what i read but also have a lemon peel angle a clown fish and a sail fin tang. Any help would be appreciated...

Deinonych
09/19/2013, 08:38 PM
You could try hypo if you removed the inverts. I personally am not a fan of hypo after reading all of the posts from people who still had crypt after attempting it. The best result is to treat the fish in dedicated hospital tanks. Whether it is appropriate for your situation is up to you.

scottwhitson
09/19/2013, 10:08 PM
I had success with hypo but didn't try it in a display like setting not sure what it would do to your bacteria in the tank. I hear that petco is doing their dollar a gallon sale right now that may be an option for another tank on the cheap for he HT.

loup
09/19/2013, 10:46 PM
I would not hypo your main tank. The die off of bacteria and others will cause a huge ammonia spike. This on top of your fish already weaken by ich will lead it to death door.