PDA

View Full Version : is my bta bleached/bleaching

blitz0r
09/24/2013, 11:23 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/pujo/IMAG0204.jpg[/URL]

Hi guys, just wondering if my purple tip bta is bleached. I feed it once a week. Tank is 4ft 75g with 2 x 120w bsled units. Been established for about a year and a half. Tomato clown is hosting it atm. All my water params are in check.

Any thoughts? Cheers

shifty51008
09/25/2013, 07:14 AM
it is very bleached, no anemone should be white in color. it does look healthy otherwise. I am not used to led's so I couldn't even say if what you have is enough light or not, so wait for others to chim in about the lights.

what do you feed it? you could also move up to 2 times a week feedings.

is this the way you recived the anemone or was it diffrent color when you got it?

gregandamanda
09/25/2013, 08:26 AM
Try turning down your LEDs looks like too much light mine did that once under t5s he was too high in the tAnk

tatuaje08
09/25/2013, 05:13 PM
Too little light can also cause problems, so you have to find just the right amount.

blitz0r
09/25/2013, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I feed it it mysis shrimp, squid and raw prawns. Actually the reason why I thought there is something is that I went back to the lfs I bought it from, the same btas they had didn't look like it.

If it helps my leds are 2 x reef octopus grow marine with 12,000-14,000k. Its sitting 5 inches above the water level. I would have thought that if the bta was getting too much light, it would have moved, but it hasn't. I only see my tomato clown host it during the night when the light goes off.

I also have a large Duncan, a frogspawn, morphs, an Aussie elegance coral, large hammer, pulsing Denise, torch, and a large leather and they are all bloomin.

tatuaje08
09/26/2013, 08:20 AM
Btas aren't that smart. It is possible its receiving too much light. Keep feeding it.