PDA

View Full Version : BBKing Mini 200 Confussion

Rookieofsalt
09/26/2013, 08:45 AM
Hello everyone,

I might have asked this question prematurely, but I thought I am giving it shot.

Every 30 seconds or so, my BBKing mini 200 skimmer has a big bubble burst inside the chamber. More like an air pocket trapped in the water and burst every 30 seconds. And I can hear it burst. (Like a big fart under water) :headwally:

It could be still in the breaking period and today is the first day I am using the Mini 200 with a brand new RD motor block. I really like the quietness and it produces really good bubbles and foams already. But the sound of the bubble bursting every 30 seconds or so like a thorn in my foot. :worried:

Thank you all.

bayoupr
09/26/2013, 10:47 AM
Needs to break in. After about a week or so it should go away. Mine did the same. What water depth are you running the skimmer in. Mine is at 10.5", wedge pipe closed about 30-40%.

Rookieofsalt
09/26/2013, 11:05 AM
Needs to break in. After about a week or so it should go away. Mine did the same. What water depth are you running the skimmer in. Mine is at 10.5", wedge pipe closed about 30-40%.

Thanks for a quick response.

I thought I did something crazy that causes it. Thank you for the info on water level and wedge pipe. I am will double check the pipe, but water level very stable in my sump running just a fraction over 10" in my skimmer chamber.