PDA

View Full Version : Replacement components for MP10

Decadence
09/28/2013, 09:45 PM
I guess this isn't my month for power heads. Another one of my MP10s is giving me issues. Luckilly, performing a hard reset on the driver of the last one was all it took to fix it and you guys were pretty quick to tell me how to do it.

This time I am dealing with a noisy pump. I narrowed down the problem to the wet side pretty easily and then pulled it apart. I found that the little white square had broken its way through the black box which holds it in place. There also appears to be a small crack in the shaft, though it hasn't split. I was able to clean up the little white square, though I could not move it at all to re-center it. The back side of the magnet had plastic from the square imbedded into it and I cleaned all of that up with some light sanding. I reassembled the powerhead and the noise has reduced drastically but it still there a little.

Having been a fabricator by trade in the past, I can't stand the thought of throwing something away because a few small components inside of it have gone bad. I'm hoping that there is some place which I can purchase what would essentially be wear items for these pumps. In particular, I'm looking for the shafts and the little white bushings. Please let me know if these parts are possible to acquire.

Thanks.

cakemanPA
09/29/2013, 06:31 PM
You can get them directly from Ecotech.

Breadman03
09/29/2013, 06:35 PM
http://ecotechmarine.com/parts-store/#MP10

That should take you to the right part of the store.

Decadence
09/29/2013, 06:45 PM
Thanks for linking me to that. I purchased a whole new wet side today. I think I'm going to order a few new wet side frame/axles for my MP10s and an mp40 service kit, then I can replace all of the bearings. After that they should all be good for a few more years. :thumbsup: