PDA

View Full Version : Calcium Dispenser Issues

jrizo1
10/09/2013, 07:56 AM
I installed my calcium disperser last week but I am having an issue

when I add calcium hydroxide to the dispenser I filled up with water but if the water in the dispenser is higher than the water in the storage container the mixture from the calcium dispenser goes back in to the water container until both are at the same level

rvitko
10/09/2013, 10:09 AM
Do you have the check valve installed as shown in the manual on page 12? It is connected with the short length of hose to the bottom inlet and the valve is secured above the dispenser with the cable tie. This is critical as if the check valve is not looped up to the top, in the short time it takes to close, powder will back flow and jam the valve open. If this has already occurred, you can generally flush the valve with an aquarium test kit syringe drawing water through it and then flipping it to the other side and squirting water through it.

jrizo1
10/09/2013, 11:41 AM
Yes I did instal the chech valve how ever it does not said in the manual that the valve has to be above the dispenser

rvitko
10/09/2013, 01:57 PM
It does not state in that direct a manner but it does specify on page 13 using the precut length of hose to attach the check valve to the bottom fitting and then securing that line with the included cable tie to the top. I am fairly sure this will solve the problem.