PDA

View Full Version : 75gal bb build help

apatz01
10/10/2013, 01:00 AM
I am in the process of getting stuff together for my tank build. I am building a mixed reef bare bottom 75 gallon.

Right now im trying to put together a stock list. Can I please get suggestions. Thanks in advance

apatz01
10/10/2013, 09:11 PM
Bump

biecacka
10/10/2013, 09:16 PM
Suggestion #1. Research ask questions and more research and more questions. There are a lot of very knowledgable ppl on this site. Try to find a tank you really like and see what they are doing to be successful.
Buy equipment right the first time, might be a little more money but it's cheaper than buying it twice.
I'm building a mixed reef too.

Welcome to reef central.

Corey

apatz01
10/10/2013, 09:21 PM
Thats what I have been doing problem is im not sure what fish would be a good match to a bare bottom tank. Also evertime I look at a tank its oh I like that then look at another one and its the same. Also I have been looking at the equipment I was trying to find what stuff I need for a 75gal 48in setup I really love the sps tanks. And like you said I want to get the good stuff first. Could you all point me in the right direction

Again thanks for the help

annanymous
10/17/2013, 01:01 PM
Thats what I have been doing problem is im not sure what fish would be a good match to a bare bottom tank. Also evertime I look at a tank its oh I like that then look at another one and its the same. Also I have been looking at the equipment I was trying to find what stuff I need for a 75gal 48in setup I really love the sps tanks. And like you said I want to get the good stuff first. Could you all point me in the right direction

Again thanks for the help

tank, stand, lights, skimmer, live rock, power heads, sump (if u dont want to go HOB) and return pump. once you decide what you want your tank to be (ie mixed, LPS, SPS, zoas), research the required parameters for the set up and buy equipment based on that.

Start from getting a tank with stand. then see how much space you have in your stand for a sump...its a process. No one person can recomend a full list of equipmetn for you on the spot and most times you may even change your mind and get different equipment depending on where your set up takes you.

Always try to get equipment rated for slightly higher then your set up (for example for a 75 gal with lets say a 20gal sump [95 gal total volume) et a skimmer rated for 150 gal, this way you will not need to "upgrade" equipment even if you decide to upgrade the tank in the later future.

I am in the process of settng my up my 75gal mixed reef and list the eqipment I feel is right for me. if you want tag along here http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/tank-threads/154057-my-75gal-build-guess-whos-back.html

let me know if you have questions about particular equipment you were looking at getting:beer: