PDA

View Full Version : Monti Vs BTA

NewbyReefer
10/12/2013, 05:43 PM
I accidentally dropped my appleberry monti on my BTA. It was maybe 2 seconds. Is the monti doomed or should it be okay?

SpartaReef
10/12/2013, 06:30 PM
Good question. My monti's and anemones are fairly close to each other.... Hope it won't be a problem... What other corals don't get along with nems? I've seen a friend of mine has ZOA's that even stay open while in contact with his nems... They don't seem to mind each other

betamed
10/12/2013, 07:10 PM
Good question. My monti's and anemones are fairly close to each other.... Hope it won't be a problem... What other corals don't get along with nems? I've seen a friend of mine has ZOA's that even stay open while in contact with his nems... They don't seem to mind each other

zoas are always the coral I plant nearest to the BTA. they do not coexist but they can live up to an occasional sting. SPS and LPS cannot handle much but I doubt 2 seconds would be a big deal. Monti's are fairly hardy

SpartaReef
10/12/2013, 07:13 PM
Thx you answered both our questions

NewbyReefer
10/12/2013, 07:49 PM
zoas are always the coral I plant nearest to the BTA. they do not coexist but they can live up to an occasional sting. SPS and LPS cannot handle much but I doubt 2 seconds would be a big deal. Monti's are fairly hardy

I hope so.

If it wasn't for the damn emerald crab knocking it off from where it was there would be no reason for me to mess with it.

Bela N
10/13/2013, 03:43 PM
For what it is worth:

In our frag tank, a flame RBTE moved on to the base of a 2" X 4" M. palawanensis frag. The RBTE opens up under the palawanensis, curls up around the outside & over the edge to get light (see pic). It has been about a month and the edge of the Monti, where the RBTE curls over it seems not to be unaffected. I though of peeling off the RBTE but figured I would kill one the other or both, so I left it on.

Sorry for crappy phone pic!