PDA

View Full Version : WP25 questions with apex

Bowels
10/14/2013, 12:06 AM
Ok so I have both on the way, should be here this week...what I'm wondering is if I plug the wp25 into its own controller and then plug the controller into the apex sui that I can have the apex turn the wp25 off during feeding time, will I lose my settings in the wp25 controller? Id prefer to have one button to press and have it turn everything off fir 20mins or whatever instead of pressing the wp25 button and the apex....omg I know sooo difficult lol I know I can get a reef angel jabeo cable and mod it to work with the apex, but I don't have the$ fir a vxm module and I bought the apex lite... soo I'm just hoping I don't lose my settings in the wp25 controller if the apex shuts it off fir feeding mode...thanks guys

Bowels
10/15/2013, 02:22 PM
no one knows? i suppose ill just have to test it

rigox2002
10/15/2013, 02:41 PM
From my experience with both you should be fine. The whO's controller shouldn't loose it's setting when you have the apex shut its power for 20min.

Allentown
10/15/2013, 02:45 PM
You wont lose your settings. However Its not exactly a program. You can dial it in to wave mode at 3 different settings, full power at three different settings and a semi "random" mode. The dial is just a wheel that you turn left and right to adjust the frequency of the pulses. The modes have a button to cycle through the modes and then there is a speed button (s1, s2 and s3) that controls the power level for the 3 different wave speeds (w1, w2 and w3).

I use mine on an apex and what it does (and i think what you are asking) is it will come back on in what ever mode it was last left in. So yes you can have it cycle on and off throughout the day and your single button feed cycle will work.

The only short coming in not hooking it to a better controller is that you have to manually walk by and change the program if you want tho switch between modes or speeds. When im home i vary mine between W1/S1 (most efficient continues mode) and W1/S2 and W1/S3. I do this because W1/S1 ****es off some of my fish and corals and the wave almost sloshes out of my tank. So ill run it like that for an hour or so and then dial it down to S2 and then finally settle on S3. After a few hours (or if i get board) ill stick it on Elsa some times but the few corals i have seem to prefer the back and forth rocking of W1 the most.

redive
10/15/2013, 03:46 PM
The only short coming in not hooking it to a better controller is that you have to manually walk by and change the program if you want tho switch between modes or speeds. When im home i vary mine between W1/S1 (most efficient continues mode) and W1/S2 and W1/S3. I do this because W1/S1 ****es off some of my fish and corals and the wave almost sloshes out of my tank. So ill run it like that for an hour or so and then dial it down to S2 and then finally settle on S3. After a few hours (or if i get board) ill stick it on Elsa some times but the few corals i have seem to prefer the back and forth rocking of W1 the most.

Just about to order a similar set up. So you are saying with the full Apex, you can control the WP25 wave frequency and flow rate through the Apex controller, but with the Apex Lite you can only switch off and on?

Thanks,
Mark

Bowels
10/15/2013, 08:32 PM
No that's not what he's saying..only way to control the waves is through the wp25 controller...if ya get a reef angel jaebo cable and mod it you can hook it up to the vdm module or whatever the apex variable speed mood is and then you can use it to control it...the apex comes with the vdm the lite you need the add on